Molecular cloning and developmental expression of Tlx (Hox11) genes in zebrafish (Danio rerio)
- Langenau, D., Palomero, T., Kanki, J., Ferrando, A., Zhou, Y., Zon, L., and Look, A.
- Mechanisms of Development 117(1-2): 243-248 (Journal)
- Registered Authors
- Kanki, John, Langenau, David, Look, A. Thomas, Palomero, Teresa, Zhou, Yi, Zon, Leonard I.
- Tlx-1; Tlx-3a; Tlx-3b; Tlx-a; Pax2.1; Krox20; narrowminded; zebrafish; cranial sensory ganglia; dorsal root ganglia; Rohon-Beard neurons; spleen
- MeSH Terms
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Cloning, Molecular
- Gene Expression Regulation, Developmental
- Genes, Homeobox*
- Homeodomain Proteins/genetics*
- In Situ Hybridization
- Molecular Sequence Data
- Multigene Family
- Nervous System/embryology
- Nervous System/metabolism
- Oncogene Proteins/genetics*
- Sequence Homology, Amino Acid
- Zebrafish Proteins/genetics*
- 12204264 Full text @ Mech. Dev.
Langenau, D., Palomero, T., Kanki, J., Ferrando, A., Zhou, Y., Zon, L., and Look, A. (2002) Molecular cloning and developmental expression of Tlx (Hox11) genes in zebrafish (Danio rerio). Mechanisms of Development. 117(1-2):243-248.
Tlx (Hox11) genes are orphan homeobox genes that play critical roles in the regulation of early developmental processes in vertebrates. Here, we report the identification and expression patterns of three members of the zebrafish Tlx family. These genes share similar, but not identical, expression patterns with other vertebrate Tlx-1 and Tlx-3 genes. Tlx-1 is expressed early in the developing hindbrain and pharyngeal arches, and later in the putative splenic primordium. However, unlike its orthologues, zebrafish Tlx-1 is not expressed in the cranial sensory ganglia or spinal cord. Two homologues of Tlx-3 were identified: Tlx-3a and Tlx-3b, which are both expressed in discrete regions of the developing nervous system, including the cranial sensory ganglia and Rohon-Beard neurons. However, only Tlx-3a is expressed in the statoacoustic cranial ganglia, enteric neurons and non-neural tissues such as the fin bud and pharyngeal arches and Tlx-3b is only expressed in the dorsal root ganglia.
Genes / Markers
Mutations / Transgenics
Human Disease / Model
Sequence Targeting Reagents
Engineered Foreign Genes