Expression screening and annotation of a zebrafish myoblast cDNA library
- Baxendale, S., Chen, C.K., Tang, H., Davison, C., Hateren, L.V., Croning, M.D., Humphray, S.J., Hubbard, S.J., and Ingham, P.W.
- Gene expression patterns : GEP 9(2): 73-82 (Journal)
- Registered Authors
- Baxendale, Sarah, Davison, Claire, Humphray, Sean, Ingham, Philip
- MeSH Terms
- Animals, Genetically Modified
- Embryo, Nonmammalian
- Expressed Sequence Tags
- Gene Expression Profiling/methods*
- Gene Library*
- Green Fluorescent Proteins/genetics
- Green Fluorescent Proteins/metabolism
- Organ Specificity/genetics
- Sequence Analysis, DNA/methods*
- 19007914 Full text @ Gene Expr. Patterns
Baxendale, S., Chen, C.K., Tang, H., Davison, C., Hateren, L.V., Croning, M.D., Humphray, S.J., Hubbard, S.J., and Ingham, P.W. (2009) Expression screening and annotation of a zebrafish myoblast cDNA library. Gene expression patterns : GEP. 9(2):73-82.
To analyse the myogenic transcriptome and identify novel genes involved in muscle development in an in vivo context, we have constructed a muscle specific cDNA library from GFP-expressing myoblasts purified by fluorescent activated cell sorting of transgenic zebrafish embryos. We have generated 153,428 EST sequences from this library that have been clustered into consensi, mapped to the genome assembly Zv6 and analysed for protein homology. Expression analysis of a randomly picked sample of clones using whole mount in situ hybridisation, identified 30 genes that are expressed specifically within the myotome, one third of which represent novel sequences. These genes have been assigned to syn-expression groups. The sequencing of the myoblast enriched cDNA library has significantly increased the number of zebrafish ESTs, facilitating the prediction of new spliced transcripts in the genome assembly and providing a transcriptome of an in vivo myoblast cell.
Genes / Markers
Mutations / Transgenics
Human Disease / Model
Sequence Targeting Reagents
Engineered Foreign Genes