Expression of the helix-loop-helix gene id3 in the zebrafish embryo
- Dickmeis, T., Rastegar, S., Lam, C.S., Aanstad, P., Clark, M., Fischer, N., Rosa, F., Korzh, V., and Strähle, U.
- Mechanisms of Development 113(1): 99-109 (Journal)
- Registered Authors
- Aanstad, Pia, Clark, Matthew D., Dickmeis, Thomas, Fischer, Nadine, Korzh, Vladimir, Lam, Eric (C.S.), Rastegar, Sepand, Rosa, Frederic, Strähle, Uwe
- helix-loop-helix; extramacrochaetae; id3; germ ring; embryonic shield; retina
- MeSH Terms
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Blotting, Northern
- DNA, Complementary/metabolism
- DNA-Binding Proteins/biosynthesis*
- DNA-Binding Proteins/genetics
- Embryo, Nonmammalian/metabolism*
- Gene Expression Regulation, Developmental*
- Helix-Loop-Helix Motifs
- Inhibitor of Differentiation Proteins
- Molecular Sequence Data
- Neoplasm Proteins*
- RNA, Messenger/metabolism
- Sequence Homology, Amino Acid
- Time Factors
- Tissue Distribution
- Transcription Factors/biosynthesis*
- Transcription Factors/genetics
- 11900982 Full text @ Mech. Dev.
Dickmeis, T., Rastegar, S., Lam, C.S., Aanstad, P., Clark, M., Fischer, N., Rosa, F., Korzh, V., and Strähle, U. (2002) Expression of the helix-loop-helix gene id3 in the zebrafish embryo. Mechanisms of Development. 113(1):99-109.
Proteins of the Extramacrochaetae and Id subfamily of Helix-Loop-Helix (HLH) proteins are negative regulators of bHLH transcription factors. We cloned a cDNA from zebrafish which encodes a member of the id3 subfamily. High levels of transcripts accumulated in the germ ring and in the embryonic shield. Towards the end of gastrulation, Id3 was highly expressed in the anterior prechordal plate and hypoblast. At later stages, id3 expression was turned on and off in a large variety of tissues within short periods of time. These include the lateral mesoderm, the cornea, the lens, the brain, the neural crest, the retina and the fins.
Genes / Markers
Mutations / Transgenics
Human Disease / Model
Sequence Targeting Reagents
Engineered Foreign Genes