Molecular cloning and expression of two novel zebrafish semaphorins
- Halloran, M.C., Severance, S.M., Yee, C.S., Gemza, D.L., and Kuwada, J.Y.
- Mechanisms of Development 76: 165-168 (Journal)
- Registered Authors
- Halloran, Mary, Kuwada, John
- semaphorin; collapsin; zebrafish; tectum; spinal cord; floor plate; pharyngeal arch; fin bud; somite; adaxial; midbrain; hindbrain; axon guidance
- MeSH Terms
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Branchial Region/embryology
- Branchial Region/metabolism
- Cloning, Molecular
- Embryo, Nonmammalian
- Gene Expression Regulation, Developmental*
- In Situ Hybridization
- Molecular Sequence Data
- Nerve Growth Factors/genetics*
- Nervous System/embryology
- Nervous System/metabolism
- Sequence Homology, Amino Acid
- 9867349 Full text @ Mech. Dev.
Halloran, M.C., Severance, S.M., Yee, C.S., Gemza, D.L., and Kuwada, J.Y. (1998) Molecular cloning and expression of two novel zebrafish semaphorins. Mechanisms of Development. 76:165-168.
The large, conserved semaphorin/collapsin gene family encodes putative axon guidance molecules. We describe the cloning and expression of two n ovel zebrafish semaphorins that represent an increase in the size and diversity of the family. These semaphorins are expressed in unique and dynamic patterns during development.
Genes / Markers
Mutation and Transgenics
Human Disease / Model Data
Sequence Targeting Reagents
Engineered Foreign Genes
Errata and Notes