Production of clones of homozygous diploid zebra fish (Brachydanio rerio)
- Streisinger, G., Walker, C., Dower, N., Knauber, D., and Singer, F.
- Nature 291(5813): 293-296 (Journal)
- Registered Authors
- Streisinger, George, Walker, Charline
- MeSH Terms
- Clone Cells/physiology*
- Embryo, Nonmammalian/physiology
- Spermatozoa/radiation effects
- Ultraviolet Rays
- 7248006 Full text @ Nature
Streisinger, G., Walker, C., Dower, N., Knauber, D., and Singer, F. (1981) Production of clones of homozygous diploid zebra fish (Brachydanio rerio). Nature. 291(5813):293-296.
Homozygous diploid zebra fish have been produced on a large scale by the application of simple physical treatments. Clones of homozygous fish have been produced from individual homozygotes. These clones and associated genetic methods will facilitate genetic analyses of this vertebrate.
Genes / Markers
Mutations / Transgenics
Human Disease / Model
Sequence Targeting Reagents
Engineered Foreign Genes