Lzts2 Regulates Embryonic Cell Movements and Dorsoventral Patterning through Interaction with and Export of Nuclear β-Catenin in Zebrafish
- Li, Y., Li, Q., Long, Y., and Cui, Z.
- The Journal of biological chemistry 286(52): 45116-30 (Journal)
- Registered Authors
- Cui, Zongbin, Li, Qing, Long, Yong
- beta-catenin, bone morphogenetic protein (BMP), STAT3, Wnt signaling, zebrafish, convergence and extension, dorsoventral patterning, Lzts2
- MeSH Terms
- Active Transport, Cell Nucleus/physiology
- Body Patterning/physiology*
- Cell Movement/physiology
- Cell Nucleus/genetics
- Cell Nucleus/metabolism*
- DNA-Binding Proteins/genetics
- DNA-Binding Proteins/metabolism*
- STAT3 Transcription Factor/genetics
- STAT3 Transcription Factor/metabolism
- Signal Transduction/physiology
- Tumor Suppressor Proteins/genetics
- Tumor Suppressor Proteins/metabolism*
- Wnt Proteins/genetics
- Wnt Proteins/metabolism
- Zebrafish Proteins/genetics
- Zebrafish Proteins/metabolism
- beta Catenin/genetics
- beta Catenin/metabolism*
- 22057270 Full text @ J. Biol. Chem.
Background: The activities of Leucine zipper tumor suppressor 2 (Lzts2) in vertebrate embryogenesis remain unclear.
Results: Lzts2 regulates gastrula C&E movements, dorsoventral patterning, and midline convergence and specification of organ precursors in zebrafish.
Conclusion: Lzts2 functions through interaction with and the export of nuclear β-catenins.
Significance: This work has uncovered the developmental roles of Lzts2 and regulatory mechanisms in zebrafish.