Gene regulation technologies in zebrafish
- Esengil, H., and Chen, J.K.
- Molecular Biosystems 4(4): 300-308 (Review)
- Registered Authors
- Chen, James K.
- MeSH Terms
- Gene Expression Regulation/physiology*
- Genetic Engineering*
- Zebrafish Proteins/genetics
- Zebrafish Proteins/metabolism
- 18354783 Full text @ Mol. Biosyst.
Esengil, H., and Chen, J.K. (2008) Gene regulation technologies in zebrafish. Molecular Biosystems. 4(4):300-308.
Achieving the potential of zebrafish models in biomedical research is contingent on the development of reverse-genetic resources. This review describes current technologies for genetic perturbations in zebrafish, including an ecdysone receptor-based system that permits conditional transgene expression. Such methodologies promise to enable new zebrafish models for interrogating human physiology and disease.
Genes / Markers
Mutations / Transgenics
Human Disease / Model
Sequence Targeting Reagents
Engineered Foreign Genes