The phylogeny of teleost ZIP and ZnT zinc transporters and their tissue specific expression and response to zinc in zebrafish
- Feeney, G.P., Zheng, D., Kille, P., and Hogstrand. C.
- BBA Gene Structure and Expression 1732(1-3): 88-95 (Journal)
- Registered Authors
- ZIP, ZnT, Zinc, SLC30A, SLC39A
- MeSH Terms
- Carrier Proteins/genetics*
- Carrier Proteins/metabolism*
- Gene Expression Profiling*
- Organ Specificity
- RNA, Messenger/genetics
- RNA, Messenger/metabolism
- 16500426 Full text @ BBA Gene Structure and Expression
Feeney, G.P., Zheng, D., Kille, P., and Hogstrand. C. (2005) The phylogeny of teleost ZIP and ZnT zinc transporters and their tissue specific expression and response to zinc in zebrafish. BBA Gene Structure and Expression. 1732(1-3):88-95.
In contrast to mammals, zinc transporter genes remain largely uncharacterised in teleosts. Teleost zinc transporter genes were data-mined and phylogenetically assigned to mammalian orthologues. For the first time in animals, the tissue-distribution and mRNA expression response to zinc for most zinc transporter genes was tested in zebrafish.
Genes / Markers
Mutation and Transgenics
Human Disease / Model Data
Sequence Targeting Reagents
Engineered Foreign Genes
Errata and Notes