Characterization of retinoid-X receptor genes rxra, rxrba, rxrbb and rxrg during zebrafish development
- Tallafuss, A., Hale, L.A., Yan, Y.L., Dudley, L., Eisen, J.S., and Postlethwait, J.H.
- Gene expression patterns : GEP 6(5): 556-565 (Journal)
- Registered Authors
- Eisen, Judith S., Hale, Laura, Postlethwait, John H., Tallafuss, Alexandra, Yan, Yi-Lin
- Retinoid-X receptor, Zebrafish, Gene expression, rxra, rxrba, rxrbb, rxrg, Retinoic acid, Rxr, Phylogenetic analysis, Retinoid-X receptor alpha, Retinoid-X receptor beta, Retinoid-X receptor gamma, RXRA, RXRB, RXRG
- MeSH Terms
- Base Sequence
- Cloning, Molecular
- DNA Primers
- Gene Expression Profiling
- In Situ Hybridization
- Retinoid X Receptors/genetics*
- 16448862 Full text @ Gene Expr. Patterns
Tallafuss, A., Hale, L.A., Yan, Y.L., Dudley, L., Eisen, J.S., and Postlethwait, J.H. (2006) Characterization of retinoid-X receptor genes rxra, rxrba, rxrbb and rxrg during zebrafish development. Gene expression patterns : GEP. 6(5):556-565.
During development of vertebrate embryos, retinoic acid plays a variety of roles that are mediated by binding to retinoic acid receptors (Rars) and their heterodimerization partners, the retinoid receptors (Rxrs). Here, we characterize the expression patterns of four zebrafish rxr genes during development and provide an analysis of the phylogenetic relationships between zebrafish and tetrapod Rxr genes based on sequence similarities and conserved syntenies. This analysis prompted the renaming of several of the zebrafish rxr genes to match their tetrapod orthologs. Understanding phylogenetic relationships among Rxr genes and their expression patterns during development provides a foundation for future studies of Rxr functions.
Genes / Markers
Mutation and Transgenics
Human Disease / Model Data
Sequence Targeting Reagents
Engineered Foreign Genes
Errata and Notes