- mitochondrial protein anabolism
- mitochondrial protein biosynthesis
- mitochondrial protein formation
- mitochondrial protein synthesis
- mitochondrial protein translation
||The chemical reactions and pathways resulting in the formation of a protein in a mitochondrion. This is a ribosome-mediated process in which the information in messenger RNA (mRNA) is used to specify the sequence of amino acids in the protein; the mitochondrion has its own ribosomes and transfer RNAs, and uses a genetic code that differs from the nuclear code.
||GO: Biological Process