The Regulatory Roles of MicroRNA in Effects of 2,2'4,4'-Tetrabromodiphenyl Ether (BDE47) on the Transcriptome of Zebrafish Larvae
- Zhao, J., Xu, T., Yin, D., Zhang, B., Bai, J.
- PLoS One 12: e0169599 (Journal)
- Registered Authors
- Zhang, Bo
- MicroRNAs, Zebrafish, Larvae, Gene expression, RNA sequencing, Gene prediction, Gene regulation, Reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction
- MeSH Terms
- Computational Biology/methods
- Gene Expression Profiling*
- Gene Expression Regulation/drug effects*
- Gene Regulatory Networks
- Halogenated Diphenyl Ethers/pharmacology*
- Halogenated Diphenyl Ethers/toxicity
- High-Throughput Nucleotide Sequencing
- 28072866 Full text @ PLoS One
Zhao, J., Xu, T., Yin, D., Zhang, B., Bai, J. (2017) The Regulatory Roles of MicroRNA in Effects of 2,2'4,4'-Tetrabromodiphenyl Ether (BDE47) on the Transcriptome of Zebrafish Larvae. PLoS One. 12:e0169599.
The developmental neurotoxicity caused by environmental pollutants has received great concern; however, there were still barely known about the underlying toxic mechanisms, especially the influence of varieties of regulatory factors such as microRNA (miRNA). A representative flame retardant, 2,2',4,4'-tetrabromodiphenyl ether (BDE47), was found to disrupt zebrafish development in visual perception and bone formation in previous study, thus here we investigated its effects on miRNA expression profiling of 6 days post fertilization (dpf) zebrafish larvae by deep sequencing. To overcome the shortage of zebrafish miRNA annotation, multiple data processing approaches, especially constructed network based on the interactions between miRNAs and enrichment terms, were adopted and helped us acquire several validated zebrafish miRNAs and two novel miRNAs in BDE47-induced effects, and identify corresponding biological processes of the miRNAs. Among them, miR-735 was supposed to play essential roles in larval sensory development according to analysis results. Our study also provided an effective strategy for analyzing biological effects on non-mammalian miRNAs with limited basic information.
Genes / Markers
Mutations / Transgenics
Human Disease / Model
Sequence Targeting Reagents
Engineered Foreign Genes