Haematopoietic stem cells show their true colours
- North, T.E., Goessling, W.
- Nature cell biology 19: 10-12 (Review)
- Registered Authors
- Goessling, Wolfram, North, Trista
- Haematopoietic stem cells, Lineage tracking, Mouse, Zebrafish
- MeSH Terms
- Cell Tracking
- Clone Cells
- Embryo, Nonmammalian/cytology
- Hematopoietic Stem Cells/cytology*
- Stress, Physiological
- 28008181 Full text @ Nat. Cell Biol.
North, T.E., Goessling, W. (2016) Haematopoietic stem cells show their true colours. Nature cell biology. 19:10-12.
Delineating the behaviour of haematopoietic stem cells (HSCs) in vivo has thus far proven challenging. Two studies in zebrafish and mouse models now track HSCs in vivo using fate mapping with multicolour approaches to provide further insights into clonal events that regulate blood development, HSC function and differentiation during homeostasis and stress conditions.
Genes / Markers
Mutation and Transgenics
Human Disease / Model Data
Sequence Targeting Reagents
Engineered Foreign Genes
Errata and Notes