Snx5, as a Mind bomb-binding protein, is expressed in hematopoietic and endothelial precursor cells in zebrafish
- Yoo, K.W., Kim, E.H., Jung, S.H., Rhee, M., Koo, B.K., Yoon, K.J., Kong, Y.Y., and Kim, C.H.
- FEBS letters 580(18): 4409-4416 (Journal)
- Registered Authors
- Jung, Seung-Hyun, Kim, Cheol-Hee, Kim, Eun-Hye, Yoo, Kyeong-Won
- Mind bomb, Sorting nexin 5, Notch signaling, Hematopoietic precursor cells, Endothelial precursor cells, Zebrafish
- MeSH Terms
- Carrier Proteins/antagonists & inhibitors
- Carrier Proteins/chemistry
- Carrier Proteins/metabolism*
- Endothelial Cells/cytology
- Endothelial Cells/metabolism*
- Hematopoietic Stem Cells/metabolism*
- Neovascularization, Physiologic
- Sorting Nexins
- Stem Cells/metabolism
- Two-Hybrid System Techniques
- Ubiquitin-Protein Ligases/chemistry
- Ubiquitin-Protein Ligases/metabolism*
- Vesicular Transport Proteins
- Zebrafish Proteins/antagonists & inhibitors
- Zebrafish Proteins/chemistry
- Zebrafish Proteins/metabolism*
- 16857196 Full text @ FEBS Lett.
Yoo, K.W., Kim, E.H., Jung, S.H., Rhee, M., Koo, B.K., Yoon, K.J., Kong, Y.Y., and Kim, C.H. (2006) Snx5, as a Mind bomb-binding protein, is expressed in hematopoietic and endothelial precursor cells in zebrafish. FEBS letters. 580(18):4409-4416.
Notch signaling has an evolutionarily conserved function for cell fate determination and stem cell maintenance. Previously, we identified a novel component of the Notch signaling pathway in zebrafish, mind bomb, which encodes an E3 ubiquitin ligase essential for Notch signal activation. Further studies showed that Mind bomb(-/-) mouse embryos exhibited pan-Notch phenotypes in various tissues, suggesting that Mind bomb function is conserved in mammals. Therefore we sought to understand the various molecular partners of Mind bomb using yeast two-hybrid screening. In this search we identified Sorting nexin 5 (Snx5) as a novel interacting partner of Mind bomb. Furthermore we demonstrated that Snx5 colocalizes with Mind bomb in early endosomal compartments, suggesting that Snx5 is important for Mind bomb trafficking. In addition, we identified zebrafish orthologue of Snx5 and showed that snx5 is predominantly expressed in hematopoietic and endothelial precursor cells in zebrafish. We also found defects in hematopoiesis and blood vessel development in snx5 morpholino-injected embryos. Taken together, we show that Snx5, a novel interacting partner of Mind bomb, may have an essential role for cell fate determination in early development.
Genes / Markers
Mutation and Transgenics
Human Disease / Model Data
Sequence Targeting Reagents
Engineered Foreign Genes
Errata and NotesMeSH Terms: Animals, Carrier Proteins/antagonists & inhibitors, Carrier Proteins/chemistry, Carrier Proteins/metabolism, Endothelial Cells/cytology, Endothelial Cells/metabolism, Hematopoietic Stem Cells/metabolism, Humans, Immunoprecipitation, Mice, Neovascularization: Physiologic, Research Support: Non-U.S. Gov't, Stem Cells/metabolism, Two-Hybrid System Techniques, Ubiquitin-Protein Ligases/chemistry, Ubiquitin-Protein Ligases/metabolism, Zebrafish/embryology, Zebrafish/metabolism, Zebrafish Proteins/antagonists & inhibitors, Zebrafish Proteins/chemistry, Zebrafish Proteins/metabolism; Substances, Carrier Proteins, SNX5 protein: human, Snx5 protein: zebrafish, Zebrafish Proteins, Mind bomb protein: human, Ubiquitin-Protein Ligases