||cis-regulatory region sequence-specific DNA binding
- core promoter proximal region DNA binding
- core promoter proximal region sequence-specific DNA binding
- enhancer sequence-specific DNA binding
- promoter proximal region sequence-specific DNA binding
- proximal promoter sequence-specific DNA binding
||Interacting selectively and non-covalently with a specific upstream regulatory DNA sequence (transcription factor recognition sequence or binding site) located in cis relative to the transcription start site (i.e., on the same strand of DNA) of a gene transcribed by some RNA polymerase. The proximal promoter is in cis with and relatively close to the core promoter.
||GO: Molecular Function